TOWN CLERK SERVICES
Town of Newburgh Town Clerk’s Office
Joseph P. Pedi – Town Clerk
Lisa M. Ayers – Deputy Town Clerk & Registrar
1496 Route 300
Newburgh, NY 12550
Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Thursday 8:30am to 6pm
Official town documents are kept in this office and are available to the public. These include minutes to all Town Board meetings, various commission meetings, agreements, resolutions, Town Code and Local Laws. The vital statistics or records of births, deaths occurring in the Town of Newburgh are also filed through this office.
The office issues marriage licenses, hunting and fishing licenses, dog licenses and EZ Passes.
- Licenses are issued Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 4:00pm, and on Thursdays until 5:30pm - No appointment necessary.
- Both parties must be over 18.
- Fee: $40*
- Each party must bring in two forms of ID (Valid picture ID & original birth certificate with raised seal)
- Both applicants must come in person
- Any previously married persons must provide certified date of death, or certified copy of divorce papers, whichever is applicable.
- Valid for 60 days after 24 hour waiting period.
Death Certificates, Birth Certificates or request for Marriage Certificates
- Please fill out the appropriate form which can be found in our Forms Center.
- If the person was born or died in the Town of Newburgh, certificates will be on file in this office (if person was born or died at St. Luke’s Hospital, please contact the City of Newburgh Registrar at 845-569-7311).
- Copies of death certificates are available to the next of kin at $10* per certified copy, with photo ID.
- Copies of birth certificates are available only to the individual or his/her legal parent or legal guardian, with photo ID, at $10* per certified copy.
- Copies of Marriage Certificates are available to the Bride/Groom only named on the document at $10* per certified copy.
- If requesting by mail, please enclose a copy of your photo ID as well as a self-addressed, stamped envelope so we may return the information to you.
- Dogs over four months old must be licensed
- Proof of current rabies vaccination and proof of spaying/neutering must be provided.
- Fee* is $7.50 for spayed/neutered dog, $15.50 for a dog that has not been spayed/neutered.
- Licenses must be renewed every year.
If paying by check or money order, please make payable to the Town of Newburgh.
If not paying in person, please fill out the credit card authorization form (found in our Forms Center) and return it to us via fax, email or mail.
* Credit cards are accepted for most transactions and will incur a $1.75 surcharge.